Friday, August 8, 2008

Coming back to the Island

I've had to be away from Tybee working on a home in a county where there is no easy access to anything. So, coming back to the Island, where I can walk to Groceries and a small hardware store and restaurants and the library, and on the beach...and up the small back residential streets on the South side...all seems more precious by comparison. Plus I love the ocean breezes, even in August.

I recently came across a walkability score at www.walkscore.com
and was shocked to find Tybee Island is rated 'car dependant'. I wouldn't rate it that, unless you want to leave the Island. But, then, one of my jobs, being a property manager for a small investment firm (that's the job that supports my writing) is such that I have to leave the Island and drive an hour away. So, maybe I'm just 'in love' and you know how 'blind' love can be. Tybee, you will never be rated Car Dependant to me!

No comments: